Monday 29 August 2016

Monday May 30, 2016 - Tho one with the Yard Sale

This week has been pretty good. The thing about being on a mission for
longer is less things stand out as noteworthy. It's a lot of the same
day to day. Not that that's a bad thing, there's just little that
changes. Here are some highlights.

I went on an exchange with Elder Stephens on Tuesday. We spent most of
the day driving to and from Greensboro. He had an appointment down
there and I went with him. It was nice to be able to talk with for
such a long time just the two of us. I really enjoy doing that. I
bought us milkshakes on the way home too.

We held district meeting in Caswell this week. That was fun as usual.
We spent a lot of the Wednesday and most days this week actually, out
on the streets talking to people.

This Saturday we spent the morning at a yard sale the church put on
raise money for girls camp. It was really fun. We set up a booth with
media and talked to people. Didn't hand much stuff out, even though
there was a large free sign. Oh! I did buy myself a new desk while we
were there.

There was this nice looking desk that I eyed on the way in. It was $15
and I was thinking about getting it. I was walking around the parking
lot when the lady in change yelled that everything was half off. I
look over at the desk across the way and there was someone looking at
it a little more closely after the announcement. Knowing this was my
moment to strike standing like thirty feet away from the desk I yell.
I'm buying that! I went to the lady in out ward, got a sold sticker
and we got it taken to our house. I felt a little bad for pseudo
stealing from someone but hey, a nice desk for $7.50, you can't beat
that.

On Sunday we had a great day. President and Sister Alexander came up
to Danville to church. They spoke in Sacrament Meeting and it was
wonderful. A really nice surprise of the day was one of our
investigators, a 17 year old guy, showed up at church completely
unexpected. The scary thing was they came to our house after church to
inspect our apartment. Good thing we keep the place clean. The only
problem they had was one of the Elders, not me though, left a cup in
the sink unwashed. Other than that they said our place looked great!

Today we had the opportunity to do some early morning service. 
 We help this lady from another church in town clean her
house out, she was hoarder and there was literally six inches of
newspaper and food and crap on the floor of here entire trailer. It 
looked better when we were done.

Overall though, a good week!
Send me pictures, read your scriptures
Love you! Elder Galvin


A meme a guy in our ward made with a picture of me that he took!



0 comments:

Post a Comment