Monday 29 August 2016

Monday August 29, 2016 - The One with the Fast Food New Investigator

This has been a really good week here in Pineville. But first some big
news. So Elder Peterson and I were originally supposed to be training
but that changed last minute. We got a call from President early
Tuesday morning saying that we were getting a different missionary. So
instead of picking up a new missionary to train we now have Elder Ulrich! He
was in my last zone with me so I know him already! He is actually from
the same town as Elder Peterson (Farmington Utah) which is crazy!

So we spent most of Tuesday in Charlotte. Well I guess I live in
Charlotte but we spent most of the day up at the Hilliard building. We
were supposed to be there around noon to pick up Elder Ulrich but he
had forgotten some things at his previous apartment so they had turn
around enroute. When we finally were able to meet up with him we had
to wait for the trainer meeting to get out because he had to meet with
President. I was totally okay with the wait because two of my friends
from Albemarle came up to the Hilliard building to say goodbye to
Sister Collier. So I got chat with them which was
incredible. After leaving the Hilliard building we drove to a nearby
Dairy Queen to use my gift cards I got for my birthday. Thanks Nana!

This week we had the opportunity to do some really fun service. We had
talked with a place called Loaves and Fishes which is this huge Food
Pantry type place. We got together four companionships to go and help
serve at this place twice this week. Our job was to take these pallets
of boxes of food and to sort them. It was a ton of work but also lots
of fun.

This week wasn't the best as far as proselyting. We weren't able to
set up as many appointments as we would have liked. There was a crazy
experience that yielded a new investigator. We had just had an
appointment cancel on us and Elder Peterson was thirsty. So we went
through the drive through window at Burger King to get some water and
the lady at the window was super nice and we talked with her. She just
moved to Charlotte. We got her phone number, found her on Facebook and
we are going to teach her this week!

We went to lunch with President one day this week. He came over to our
apartment on Saturday morning  and afterwords
he offered to take us out to lunch. We went to Panera Bread which I'm
not sure if it's in Canada? But it's a super healthy pseudo Fast Food
place that's really good. Elder Ulrich is also a wizard with sewing
stuff and he taught us how to make our own ties so we went to a fabric
store today and bought some fabric. I also made a couple of ties of
mine skinnier and they look really good!

Overall it was a pretty good week.

Send me pictures, read your scriptures,
Love you!
Elder Galvin


0 comments:

Post a Comment