Monday 6 July 2015

The One Where I Like Sushi?!

Hello Family, Friends, Strangers, and the people in Salt Lake City who
monitor all our emails! How are you doing?

This has been another wonderful week for me. First of all, some transfer news. Elder Ashcroft and I will be parting ways this Tuesday as he is getting transferred out of Albemarle. I feel really bad for him because he is going to his fourth area with his fifth companion and he has only been out six months. Also, Elder Russell will be leaving Albemarle and not getting replaced (because he is irreplaceable) so the trio is going down to a regular companionship. Finally an even playing field.

The weeks as a missionary are beginning to blur together. It's seems like as soon as our accountability email is sent out on Sunday the entire week vanishes from memory. Thank goodness I am writing a journal.

Our mother/daughter investigators are progressing well they are really enjoying the Book of Mormon. They are reading it slowly but surely and are really feeling the spirit of it. We have re set a baptismal date for them for the 11th of July! Hopefully they can make it this time. In other news, an investigator who I taught in Lenoir was Baptized last month! We got our newsletter today.

This week I went on another exchange, I went with Elder Russell and Elder Kristensen and it was a blast! We had so much fun together! We did service at Habitat for Humanity and unloaded four palettes from a semi truck by hand. That was less than fun and we got super sweaty and gross (109 Fahrenheit ugh) but it was worth it because they got to
talk to some people who they wanted to start teaching. It didn't pan out in the long run but what actually does.

This Saturday was the baptism of Brooke, the second person the be baptized this month that the Elders stole from us. :) It's all good though. As long as the work is getting done. Maybe I'm just not supposed to baptize. Which really doesn't make any sense because I know I'm doing what I'm supposed and I can't fault myself for other people's agency.

Wednesday after our District Meeting we went to this Japanese place called Little Tokyo for district lunch. I was coerced by Elder Ashcroft and Sister Steimle into eating sushi and it actually wasn't that bad. Granted I did eat it with spicy mayo but overall I liked the taste. I didn't have anything too crazy, and I only had a couple pieces but it may be something I'll try again in the future. Though it is really expensive.

Elder Ashcroft and I finally recorded the NCCM cup song today. Hopefully it will show up on my blog. I'm not sure if videos work butI imagine they would. (on a side note, I have tried to upload the video but it didn't work...stayed tuned as I will keep trying to figure it out)

Well, remember to have a great week. Have I told you lately how much I love y'all?!

Send me pictures, read your scriptures.

Elder Galvin

P.S. If you could please keep the Molchak Family in your prayers as Brother Molchak recently passed away due to a tragic accident. My love and support goes out to all those who were affected.


My district at our meeting this week

Elder Russell and Kristensen and I on exchange

Me, Elder Ashcroft, and a ward member

0 comments:

Post a Comment