Monday 19 September 2016

Monday September 19, 2016 - The One with the Bike Crash

This has been a great week in Pineville. 

Monday we had a zone activity. We played a some games at a park nearby. It was a lot of fun we got rained on at the end which made it better. 

Wednesday morning we skyped into a District Meeting. It was really interesting to be carried around as a Screen to present trainings and do role plays. It was a pretty unique experience. 

Thursday we went on exchange. I have decided that after this exchange I am never again going to Fort Mill on exchange because I hurt myself every time I do. If you'll recall last time I was there I split my chin open on a car door. Well this time I one upped it. Literally two minutes into biking I was going too fast, got off the sidewalk and, when trying to get back on, crashed my bike. I bruised myself up pretty good, got scraped up, and worst of all, ripped my favourite pants. I only had the one pair with me and my suit pants so I had to work the rest of the day with a hole in my pant leg. I also got my shoes super scuffed and like scraped the leather off of them and almost tore though the laces. 

It was a productive day otherwise. They have been struggling lately with finding but we were able to find their first new investigator in two weeks! It was great! Oh, and to add to the reasons I am never going back... I woke up the next morning with the beginnings of a cold sore. Which is now massive by the way. Don't expect many pictures. I look terrible. 

We had interviews with Pres the next morning which went well. My temple recommend expires at the end of the month so I got a new one. We moved some district meetings to Friday morning to cut back on their travel time. I went to Elder Simpkin's meeting. It was a hoot. After the meeting I went on exchange with Elder Clarke. He is one of the assistants and we were in the MTC together. It was nice to catch up with everything that's happened. We hit our 21 month mark together on Saturday which was freaky. 

There was a crazy experience we had while on exchange. We were driving down a street and I saw this man standing in his lawn holding a squirrel. I told Elder Clarke and we turned the van around to see it again. We were looking for a certain house so we decided to go ask the guy. We pulled over and chatted to the guy holding a small furry animal for a while. Elder Clarke videoed him. It was funny. 


Sunday was really great. I spoke in sacrament meeting and one of the talks was given in Spanish! Our Bishop translated alongside. It was so neat to see. Then we had dinner with the H family. We had a fireside with them. Literally. We taught a lesson outside in their backyard next to a fire. 



Oh. And I forgot to say that I've hopped on the gain train. I've started to voluntarily lift heavy objects. I also purchased protein power and mass gainers. I've been doing it for a couple of weeks now (thanks to my wonderfully motivational companion) and surprisingly haven't quit yet. Pray I keep up the motivation lol. 

Overall this was a good week. We were able to find a lot of great people. 

Send me pictures, read your scriptures, 
Love you!
Elder Galvin



0 comments:

Post a Comment