Friday 16 October 2015

September 21, 2015 - The One Where I get a New Companion!

This was another amazing week here in Albemarle. As I'm sure you have already heard my new companion is Elder Simpkin from England! He is from Southampton. We get along great and have a lot of fun together.
The new Elder with Elder Valgardsen is Elder Lopez. There are also two new sisters and one of them, Sister Flaherty came out with me and was just serving in Lenoir! She was able to tell me all the wonderful things that are happening there.

This week has been another really busy one. Our teaching pool is growing and we are seeing more success in the work. One of the families we are teaching continues to do well. 

We are supposed to be having a child of record baptism this week and his name is very American!. We think it's funny that the two people not from America are going to help baptize the person whose name is so very American.

This week has been full of a lot of meals from members so I  still haven't really even needed to buy any food for a while now so we have been eating out a lot.

Sunday was Ward conference. The stake leaders came to our ward and gave some great instruction. The mom of a ward member was there on Sunday. She is not a member but she has met with missionaries in the past. After church was
potluck which was a lot of fun as usual. I love all the members here in the ward and we have a lot of fun together.

I've decided that when things are going well there's not a whole lot to talk about. We spent so much time teaching people
there's not a whole lot of room for anything crazy to happen. Things are definitely going to look up this transfer. Hopefully we will be seeing a lot more miracles and baptisms.

There was funny thing that happened today. We have a member that works at a dry cleaners and was going to get us free dry cleaning. She told us to drop it off this morning and she would bring it to us. Long
story short. She wasn't there when we went and I'm too honest so I ended up dropping $35 there because Elder Simpkin
forgot his wallet. We did make a funny Mormon tabernacle choir version of The Circle of Life music video I'll send next week.

Send me Pictures, read your scriptures!
Love you!

My new companion Elder Simpkin and I taking a crazy selfie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment