Monday 19 December 2016

Monday December 12, 2017 - The One with the Wedding

Oh my gosh. This week has been insane! Though that's basically every
week. But this one in particular.

Okay. First some more crazy emergency transfer news that we had to
deal with. On Monday we found out hat there was a struggling Elder
that was going to be coming down to be in the ward adjacent to us. It
meant we lost a good Elder who would need to replace him in his old 
area so we were pretty bummed about it. Well yesterday we found out 
it was about to get worse. The struggling Elder ended up having to go 
home, he actually left this morning. But that left a vacancy in our zone. 
So who did they decide to steal from us, yep, that's right, Elder Merrill! :(  
President said it should only be for a couple of days while he figures out 
what's going on and who to fill the gap with but we have no timeline.

So, as I'm sure many of you know, my mission was extended a couple of
weeks longer than it was supposed to be. This unfortunately pushed me
back over Christmas meaning I'll have spent a total of three Christmases as a
missionary. I think I've finally figured out the why. We've been
working with this Hispanic couple for months now and they were married
this past Saturday. It was so nice helping them plan the wedding. We
each chipped in about $50 to help him buy a suit and we had a member
help out with getting her a dress. They were super grateful because
they really don't want to be a burden. Well there were decorations and























a cake and a photographer and all the good things a wedding should
have. Now their baptism is scheduled for Christmas Eve and their
confirmation for Christmas Day so if I had gone home when I was
supposed to, I wouldn't have been able to be here for any of it.

The rest of the week was pretty average. We had a meeting all day
Tuesday and spent the next day planning our Zone Meeting with the
Sisters. We are going to be having a Nativity themed meeting complete
with costumes and everything. It's going to be a lot of fun.

This week I went on two exchanges. One of them was with Elder Peterson
which was really nice. We got to go and teach this family I taught a
few times in Pineville before referring them over to the Assistants.
We were talking about their baptism, and one of the girls asked me to
baptize her because I was the one who got her started. It was nice.
Elder Rasmussen was so tired after the exchanges that he fell asleep
in his full proselyting outfit right after planning. I did call ins
and woke him up at 10:30 and was like, you'll probably want to change,
he barely opened his eyes to look at me then turned over and went back
to bed. Where he stayed. He said he has never woken up so ready. ;)

Send me pictures, read your scriptures,
Merry Christmas!
Elder Galvin



We went Skating as a district activity today


After Skating...yes there was an injury if you look close you will see 




0 comments:

Post a Comment