Friday 18 November 2016

Monday November 14, 2016 - The One with the Concert Pianist

We were able to get back in time from our district activity for me to write a bit!

This has been a pretty good week here in Pineville. We got transfer calls on Saturday and I found out that I'll be staying in Pineville for the last transfer of my mission. 

Monday night was amazing! We spent two hours with this man we found at our Halloween party. He is a concert pianist and has been playing for fifty years. He was so good! I got play his piano. At one point I was playing and we had Elder Merrill sing. It was so nice. We taught him and he accepted baptism! The only problem is he lives outside of our area. So the Weddington Elders are getting a nice present from us. :)

Tuesday we were able to get back in and teach that Spanish coupleI've mentioned before. The ones that don't speak English. It was a great lesson. We were able to set a date with them to be baptized next month but we have to get them married before so hopefully we can get all that to happen before then. The man shared some scriptures with us he had read that impacted him. It was really nice. Tuesday was fun as well because of the elections. We stayed up until 10:30 refreshing our Facebook election updates trying to see who would win. It was pretty fun for me. To be honest I was surprised by the outcome. 

We had such a good zone meeting on Wednesday. In lieu of the presidential outcome I included a slide in my training saying to "make finding great again!" Our Zone went crazy with finding that afternoon and the next day. We found a total of 39 new people as a Zone this week! So exciting. That's three people per companionship!! The rest of the week was pretty typical for missionary work. Friday night I went on exchange with Elder Simpkin. It was really nice to get to see him one last time before he goes home. He leaves back to England on Wednesday. 

We had a good day. Tried to find some new people but weren't able to. We did get to go out to a late lunch with his friend from Asheboro I've been out to dinner with a couple of times now. That was a lot of fun. We are all really sad to see him go. 

Overall it was a good week. Sorry for the short email. We've been swamped today. 

Send me pictures, read your scriptrues!
Love you!
Elder Galvin










0 comments:

Post a Comment